Sunday, July 31, 2011

My big score yesterday

Last week wasn't a big stock up week for me, but I did score some staples for our house.  As you may know I scan the upcoming coupons for the week to determine if it's worth me buying a newspaper or ordering coupons from a clipping service.  The last few weeks I've been ordering Similac coupons.  Yes, they are in Spanish & limit 1 per transaction.  That doesn't stop me.  Ready to feed formula is usually $5.99 per quart.  My ShopRite has had it marked to $4.19 for the last few weeks.  I've been ordering the $3 and $5 Similac coupons (in Spanish).  I've used up the $5 ones, but still have the $3 coupons.  So I've been getting the organic formula for $1.19 per quart.  You factor in the cost of the clipping service for this specific coupon (fees vary by coupon) and the cost is $1.69 per quart.  That's a savings of about 72% off of baby formula!

I also bought organic baby food.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a coupon for these because Earth's Best limits how many coupons you can print from one PC & I've reached my max.  This would have been a great deal to use with a coupon.  My ShopRite had a 50% off sale on the 4 oz jars.  I still have quite a selection at home so I only grabbed 24 jars.  Mostly meat flavors that my son will soon be eating (probably in about a month).

I used up the rest of my Ortega Taco Shell coupons yesterday.  They retail for $2.39.  They were on sale for $1.99 and I had a coupon for $1 off.  I got them for $.99.  That's 59% off!

Overall I saved 57% on my total grocery bill yesterday.  As I've said before, I am not an extreme couponer, but I think saving between 50-60% off my bill is pretty good.

It looks like I'll be using the coupon clipping service this week. I prefer to use Coupon Dede.

No comments:

Post a Comment