Sunday, July 24, 2011

Coupon clipping services

What is a coupon clipping service?  Essentially it is a service for which you pay for certain coupons to be clipped and delivered to you.  You are not paying for the coupons themselves, just the time & effort that the service is using to get the specific coupons to you.

You may ask "why do I need a coupon clipping service?"  I first heard of this on the show "Extreme Couponing" and thought the same thing.  Then I started looking into it a bit more.  Many coupons are distributed regionally.  What is available in Arizona may not be available in New Jersey.  By using a coupon clipping service you not only have access to coupons that may not be available in your area, but you can also buy in multiples.  This is how you score a good deal & stock up.

For example, I subscribe to a website that provides a preview of the Sunday coupons.  One week it said that there would be coupons for $1 off of any Danimals product.  I thought that was great because my son loves the smoothies.  So I buy two newspapers on Sunday just to find out there aren't any Danimals coupons.  It was a regional coupon.  I requested a number of them from a coupon service and combined them with a sale & a bonus buy where if I bought 5 I would get an additional $3 off instantly.  I scored 5 Danimals six packs that retail for $2.99 for only $.40 each!  That's 87% off retail!  I do the same thing with formula coupons.  I use Similac and coupons are few and far between for Similac.  When they are available I request them from the service.  This week I scored 6 quart bottles of ready to feed organic formula which retail for $5.99 per bottle for $1.11 per bottle.  That's a savings of 81%!

I also look at what coupons are going to be in the upcoming paper & see if it's worth spending my money on a few papers, or am I better off requesting the coupons from the service.  This week I am going to use my money more wisely on the service.  I use CouponsThingsbyDede.com.  They are based in Texas so if I place my order on Sunday, it ships on Monday & I receive them by Thursday.  This works for my because Thursday I get next week's circulars and I can see if I should wait on something or buy it this week.  You can even accumulate points with Coupon Dede and cash them in for credit.  Right now 400 points=$1.  You'll be surprised as to how quickly you accumulate points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment